What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is simple.
You promote someone’s product and every time you make a sale you earn a commission.
Here’s how it works:
- You choose a product and join its affiliate program.
- You can share, promote, or recommend a product using your affiliate link.
- You earn a cut from every sale you generate.
How Bloggers Can Earn With Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the easiest way for you to earn money. Especially if you already have some traffic coming in.
And below, I will show you how to make money as an affiliate/blogger.
Before you even think about promoting products and making sales, there’s something important you must do.
Choose a Quality Product
The first step to becoming a successful affiliate is to choose a product.
But, it cannot just be any old product.
It’s got to be great. It’s got to help the customer solve his or her problem.
It’s got to be a good affiliate program. It’s got to have a good commission rate. And, it’s got to have a trustworthy merchant.
Don’t worry about how much it costs. If it’s awesome, people will buy it. Your commissions will stack up on top of each other until they’re taller than the Empire State Building.
It’s got to relate to your blog’s topic. You can’t be trying to sell video game accessories to people who’re interested in losing their belly fat.
When you’re choosing a product to recommend to your readers, follow these guidelines:
- Make sure the product is nothing short of great. If you can give at least a 4/5 rating (based on your experience), that’d be awesome.
- Make sure that it has a good affiliate program. A good one will have tools like custom link tracking, etc.
- Make sure the price and/or commission rate is worth your while.
Now you’ll need a way to promote that product.